Six-Month Contract with possible long-term employment: Sales Coordinator and potential future Sales Agent
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films.
Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office's international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
The company currently has three films in post-production (including one by Ulrich Seidl), one in production (by Michelangelo Frammartino) and two in pre-production (including one by Ruben Östlund)
Coproduction Office is looking for a Sales Coordinator to complete our team of nine people. We are looking for a globally-minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema.
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: International Sales, Marketing
Salary: To be discussed
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, fast career progression
Duration: 6 months, full time
Start date: As soon as possible
You will assist our Head of sales and occasionally our managing director Philippe Bober with some (and not all) of the following tasks:
- Planning (marketing and sales) before each international market
- Searching for prospective customers, improving and updating the client and deal database
- Following up with international distributors after each market
- Drafting Deal Memos
- Preparing sales financing applications (French, German and European funds)
- International Sales for catalogue titles and some territories for new titles
- Ensuring communication during the creation of a film’s marketing with the marketing team, graphic designers, decision makers (directors, producers, distributors), vendors, printing companies
- Participating in test screenings of our films
- Participating in strategic discussion about the positioning and marketing of a film
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry, and in particular in international sales.
- A native or fully-fluent English-speaker with an excellent command of a second language (German, French, or Chinese is a plus
- Proficient with Excel (market studies, budgets etc.)
- Eloquent, with strong communication skills, you are capable of interacting with film professionals (distributors, funds, directors...)
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Thorough, and able to ensure that all tasks are completed in a fast-paced environment
- Obtain valuable experience in international sales from working with our Head of Sales, Sophie Cabon, as well as with our founder, Philippe Bober, on unique films
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company, including finance and production, as we are small and flexible company
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)