German-speaking Film Finance and/or Production Intern
By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: Finance, Film Production
Paid Internship: Yes, amount depending on profile
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, career progression possibilities
Duration: 6 months, full time
Start date: As soon as possible
COMPANY PROFILE: Coproduction Office applies a distinct approach to its key fields of activity: the production and international distribution of films by essential auteurs. Philippe Bober’s long-lasting collaborations with filmmakers Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Ruben Östlund and Jessica Hausner have enhanced the company with the 2017 Cannes Palme d’Or and the 2014 Venice Golden Lion, amongst other awards.
Coproduction Office is based in Paris and Berlin, and is looking for a future finance intern to complete our team of seven people. We are looking for a globally-minded and lateral-thinking colleague, who has organisational skills, a good memory, an interest in corporate finance and an interest in art-house cinema. You will assist our CFO, Riccardo Molteni, with financial tasks related to our films, our company and our development projects.
You will work with our CFO and producers on:
- Researching funds (investors, credit lines, banks)
- Managing films and company cashflow
- Updating monitoring tools
- Managing royalties (analysis of distributors’ reports)
Production, Reporting and Cost accounting
- Preparing film financing applications (French and European film and cinema funds)
- Allocating costs to projects
- Preparing cost reports for grants and producers
- Coordinating French and German accounting
- Working on budgets and reporting
- A native or fully-fluent French speaker with an excellent command of English and German
- Proficient with Excel (budgets, cash-flows…)
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry (a plus) and interest in financial topics
- Precise, accountable and motivated, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Capable of interacting with professionals in different sectors: film industry, public sector, finance and accounting.
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Work in an international and multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Obtain valuable experience from working with our CFO as well as with our founder Philippe Bober on unique films
This experience will provide you with good baseline knowledge of the management of a film sector company. You will be able to follow-up funds, financiers, projects and clients, with an in-depth view of how the sector and a film-sector company work, and an oversight on all aspects of the company (management, production and sales).
If you are interested in this internship, please send us your full application with a Cover letter in English. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to receiving your full application at firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)