By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry (International Sales Agency and Production)
Paid Internship: 1000€ / month (Paris) or 850€ / month (remote or Berlin)
Duration: 6 months, full time
Start date: According to availability
We are looking for a globally minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people, working in a dynamic and international environment. You will be working in our sales department where you will assist our Head of Sales, our CFO Riccardo Molteni, and our founder Philippe Bober.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films.
Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-three films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund. Coproduction Office's international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will work in Coproduction Office’s sales department in interaction with other departments (production, finance, festivals, marketing, deliverables) and participate to the following tasks:
- Royalties management
- Applications for funding for film sales agents (Media Creative Europe, CNC)
- Applications and reporting for banks and credit institutions active in the films sector
- Databases updates
- Market research
- Participation to marketing brainstorming during the marketing’s creation process
- Participation to test screenings of our films during post-production
- Budgeting and reporting for the films’ sales and marketing
- Budgeting and reporting for the main film markets (Cannes, Berlinale, Venice, Toronto)
- A native or fully fluent English, French or German speaker with an excellent command of the other two languages
- A cinephile with an interest in films analysis
- Able to formalize ideas
- Professional in every circumstance
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Proficient in writing memorandums
- A To Do Lists lover
- Both analytical and synthetical
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Eloquent and have social skills, are capable of interacting with professionals in different sectors: film industry, public sector, artists
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company including sales, marketing and production as we are a small and flexible company
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Obtain valuable experience from working with Philippe Bober on unique projects
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at email@example.com (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered). Please also indicate where you saw this post.