By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film industry
Field of expertise: International Sales
Location: Paris or Berlin (First month in Paris)
Salary: To be discussed, career progression possible
Start date: as soon as possible
Coproduction Office is looking for a Catalogue Sales Executive to complete our team of ten people working in a dynamic and international environment. We are looking for a globally-minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office's international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our sales team and managing director Philippe Bober with some the following tasks:
- International Sales for catalogue titles (and some territories for new titles)
- Participating in strategic discussion about the positioning and marketing of a film
- Planning (marketing and sales) before each international market
- Attending markets, and in particular TV markets
- Searching for prospective customers
- Drafting Deal Memos
- Preparing sales financing applications (French, German and European funds)
- Participating in test screenings of our films
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry, and in particular in international sales.
- A native or fully fluent English-speaker with an excellent command of a second language (German, French, or Chinese is a plus
- Proficient with Excel (market studies, budgets etc.)
- Eloquent, with strong communication skills, you are capable of interacting with film professionals (distributors, funds, directors...)
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Thorough, and able to ensure that all tasks are completed in a fast-paced environment
- Obtain valuable experience in international sales from working with our founder, Philippe Bober, on unique films
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company, including finance and production, as we are small and flexible company
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at email@example.com. (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)