6 Month Paid Internship: Chinese-speaking sales intern, with possible further employment
Coproduction Office is based in Paris and Berlin and is looking forward to welcome a Chinese-speaking sales intern to complete our team of nine. We are looking for a cosmopolitan and lateral thinking colleague, who has organizational skills and an interest in art-house cinema.
Business sector: Film industry
Field of expertise: International Sales
Location: Paris (with the possibility to transfer to Berlin after three months)
Paid Internship: Amount depending on profile
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, career progression
Duration: 6 months, full time
Start date: when suitable
Coproduction Office is an international label that produces and sells bold, and award-winning films.
Thirty-two films have been produced to-date by the founder of the company, Philippe Bober, who has worked with ground-breaking directors* beginning early in their careers that include Lars von Trier (Europa, The Kingdom, Breaking The Waves) and Lou Ye (Suzhou River). The majority of these films have been selected in Cannes, Venice and Berlin for their main competitions where they have received more than 30 prizes, including the 2014 Venice Golden Lion for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE and for Ruben Östlund’s THE SQUARE, the 2017 Palme d’Or.
Coproduction Office's international sales activity is centered on the exploitation of a catalog composed - in addition to the films produced by Philippe Bober - of restored classics, notably key works by Roberto Rossellini. The catalogue is known for its artistic strength and consistency, and its, at times, transgressive content and always distinctive cinematic language.
* Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruzcó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our Head of sales Sophie Cabon and our Managing director Philippe Bober with:
- Researching about Chinese Directors, their previous films and current projects, supporting our founder Philippe Bober for acquisitions of Chinese-speaking films
- Researching about Chinese distribution companies’ distribution history
- Scheduling meetings for international Markets and festivals
- Interpreting during some meetings our founder has with Chinese directors or companies
- Following up with Chinese and international distributors
- Searching for Chinese and international prospective customers, market studies
- Participation to test screenings of our films
- Assisting our founder during festivals and markets (including personal assistance)
- Translating from Chinese to English and from English to Chinese, copywriting in Chinese
- A native Chinese speaker with an exquisite command of written and spoken Chinese, and a fully fluent French and/or German-speaker with an excellent command of English
- Proficient with Excel (market studies, budgets etc.)
- Able to demonstrate previous experience, or interest in the film industry
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Eloquent and have social skills, are capable of interacting with professionals in different sectors: film industry, public sector, artists
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company, including finance and production as we are small and flexible company
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Obtain valuable experience from working with our Head of Sales as well as with Philippe Bober on unique films
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at email@example.com. (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)