SECTORS OF ACTIVITY: Film production, Cinema exploitation, Real Estate, Gastronomy, Project Management
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: based on experience
Coproduction Office is an international label that produces and sells bold and award-winning films. Its sister company Briefmarken Weine is one of Berlin’s best wine bars, focusing on artisanal and natural wines paired with authentic Italian bistro cuisine, also importing Italian “vin d’auteur” to Germany. Film producer Philippe Bober is the founder of both companies and has produced forty films to date with twelve of these having been selected to screen in Competition in Cannes, winning two Golden Palms: TRIANGLE OF SADNESS (2022) and THE SQUARE (2017) both by Ruben Östlund.
We are now connecting our know-how in both fields in a unique project: a premium cultural space combining a three-screen arthouse cinema, an exhibition venue, ambitious restaurants, and a wine bar. Located in Berlin’s city center in an iconic listed building. It is set to open its doors to the public in 2025-2026.
We are looking for a Finance Manager (job creation) to join our Berlin team and to support the growth of Coproduction Office’s activities in Germany. The working languages are German and English, in which full working proficiency is required, further languages are beneficial.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING:
- Ensure the company is properly funded: manage the fundraising processes with the CEO, investigate new sources of financing.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Update the business plan for the development of the company activities in Germany.
- Manage the Berlin-based companies’ (gastronomy, cultural space project, film production company) treasury planning; be in direct contacts with the providers, negotiate payment schedule.
- Communicate with our German bank, request short-term and long-term credits.
- Lead the financial reporting and analyze the financial performance of the company.
- Manage two accountants in Berlin.
- Closely collaborate with our external accountancy firm in Germany (and France when required) and oversee the closing of the balance sheets.
- Closely collaborate with our finance team in Paris, and particularly, with our colleague in charge of the treasury planning for the production and sales activities of the companies.
- Help optimize/automate finance activities, operations, systems, and processes.
- Accurately prepare and fill state and state/government tax documents.
- Recruit new colleagues.
- Oversee the onboarding process, including contracts drafting with our external advisor.
- Assist with the Management of the Berlin based team (Wine Bar staff, Cultural space project team).
- You are fluent in English and German. French and Italian language are a plus.
- You have a master’s degree in finance/business or further education in finance/accounting with a least 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- You are professional in every circumstance.
- You have excellent analytical and execution skills and thorough understanding of financial processes.
- You are a perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- You are flexible with a proactive skill set.
- You are Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces.
- You like working in a team and your strong communication skills ensure the capability of working with people of various nationalities. Colleagues can always rely on you.
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work.
- Obtain valuable experience from working with Philippe Bober on unique projects.
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered). Please also indicate where you saw this post.